With Easter right around the corner, I thought it would be fun to turn ordinary rocks into Easter egg stacking rocks! This activity is great for children of all ages and turn out beautiful every time. The bright beautiful colors and beautiful designs are very reminiscent of real Easter eggs, but these are much more fun to play with!
The day after we made the rocks, I hid them around our yard and my boys searched for their lovely creations. This was a great way to practice for our annual egg hunt on Easter morning! Once they were all found, they had fun working together and stacking the rocks. This activity is great for building fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. We also talked about new words like, “stack” and “balance.” This is such a fun way to learn through play!
• Washi tape
• Stickers of different shapes and sizes
• Paint (We used tempera paint)
• Rocks! (Rocks can be found at your local home improvement store or garden center)
1. We used washi tape and stickers to make designs on the rocks. My boys helped choose the stickers and place them on the rocks.
2. We painted over the whole rock, including the stickers. We used a variety of bright tempera paint.
3. We waited for the paint to dry and peeled the stickers and tape off. They turned out great!
*This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
I hope you and your little nature lover enjoy this activity as much as we do!
Looking for more fun Easter ideas? Check out Loose Parts Easter Eggs!