This nature craft is so great for so many reasons! Wether you’re looking for a calm down tool, a unique Valentine’s day gift for classmates or a teacher, or just want to try a new craft, then this one’s for you. The beautiful reversible sequins look stunning against the rocks and they are so soothing to play with.
*If you love this post, check out 10 Nature Heart Activities for Kids!*
My boys are definitely my inspiration for this nature craft. They are OBSESSED with these reversible sequins! They can’t keep their hands off them in stores and start flipping on every sequin shirt and stuffed animal. They just love them and I totally understand why! They are really neat to look at and are so incredibly soothing to flip. I know you agree;)
Here’s how I envision these being used:
- These make for the most lovely back to school or Valentine’s Day gift for a teacher. As a second grade teacher, I would LOVE to receive this as a gift from a student. The combination of the smooth stone and reversible sequins make for the perfect stress reliever when things get a little crazy in the classroom.
- Speaking of Valentine’s Day, can you imagine the cheers your children would receive if they brought these as gifts for their classmates?!
- These also make fantastic Mother’s Day or Father’s Day gifts!
- These are the perfect accessory in any calming corner! Just put a few in a basket and watch the calming vibes work their magic.
Are you ready to make a few? Here’s what you’ll need…
- Rocks-We collect ours from the lake. If you don’t have a spot in nature to collect rocks, I recommend purchasing from the Dollar Store or craft store.
- Reversible Heart Sequin Patches– I couldn’t find any reversible patches in the craft stores and Amazon has limited options. We went with this package that also comes with stars. I found a few of the stars a little difficult to flip, but the hearts are perfect!
- Gorilla Glue– These sequins take a lot of flipping so I wanted to make sure the patches didn’t go anywhere.
This post contains Affiliate links for your convenience.
Here’s How I Made Them:
Gather your rocks, water, sequin patches and Gorilla Glue.
Put a little water on the rock. This helps the glue do it’s job!
Put Gorilla Glue on the back of the sequin patch. You don’t need a ton because this stuff is strooong! Feel free to try a less powerful glue if you don’t feel comfortable using this product.
The directions on the Gorilla Glue say to clamp the objects together, but we don’t have one. I decided to stack printer paper on top of the sequin patches and it worked just fine.
Wait a couple hours for the glue to dry then give it a try. Easy as that!
It was love at first sight of all of us! My boys shrieked with delight and were so excited to play with them. What do you think? Tell me in the comments!
Please Pin this activity if you love it!
I hope you give this simple activity a try! I promise, your little nature lovers will love it as much as my boys.